Monday, September 28, 2015

review: The plans I have for you

The Plans I Have for You combines playful rhyming text written by bestselling children s book author Amy Parker with whimsical illustrations by award-winning artist Vanessa Brantley-Newton to create a book that inspires readers of all ages to dream about their future. God has great plans for each and every one of us, and this book encourages children to think about the talents that make them special and will help them imagine how God may use our unique traits to make the world a better place."

Buy on Amazon



My Review:

I got to share this marvelous book with my daughter for free, courtesy of the BookLook Bloggers program.

First glance:
This book follows one of the most assuring verses in the bible for people who worry or are ever anxious about their futures:

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.:-- Jer. 29:11

This is a book geared towards young children of toddler to grade school age.


My thoughts:
Parker uses bright and simple illustrations and an easy cadence that kept my one year old's attention. She not only enjoyed it, but I loved it too. I'm not sure if it's possible to spoil a picture book, so I'll only say that I really liked the creative interpretation of how god plans for each of us on one of the pages. This is a book I can see reading again and again, for the great message that everything will be okay no matter what you choose to be in life, and for the sheer enjoyment of reading this. Honestly, I would love to read this book 10 times in a row far over reading 'animals on the farm' 10 times in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment