Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Review: Heart and Brain

From paying taxes and getting up for work to dancing with kittens and starting a band, readers everywhere will relate to the ongoing struggle between Heart and Brain.

Heart and Brain: An Awkward Yeti Collection illustrates the relationship between the sensible Brain and its emotionally driven counterpart, the Heart.

Boasting more than one million pageviews per month, TheAwkwardYeti.com has become a webcomic staple since its creation in 2012.



Buy on Amazon




My Review:
When I saw the cover of this book on NetGalley, I immediately recognized it. That's the thing about comics--at least one from every book is floating around the internet somewhere. Obviously this is a good thing, because I requested a copy to review right away, anticipating hw much I would like it based off of what I've seen before. And I really enjoyed it! It was funny, I found myself sharing pages with my husband, I put off smoking a cigarette to finish reading the entire thing. I'd definitely follow the author on tumblr and read this comic online regularly. But would I buy a print copy of it? probably not. Would I buy a kindle version of it? Sure, for the right price. Would I pick it up and show it to someone in a library? Definitely. So, overall it's not the BEST thing in the world, but it's definitely a close second.

No comments:

Post a Comment