Sunday, August 9, 2015

Taylor Swift Book Tag

Blue Books and Butterflies unofficially Officially tagged me in this meme and, as it so happens, has an awesome blog that you should check out. Basically how this works is there are songs, and I pick books to go with those songs. Simple right? As for who I tag to continue this, leave a comment below if you want to do it. I'll link up to your blog at the bottom of this post.


We Are Never Getting Back Together

Pick a book or series you were pretty sure you were in love with, but then wanted to break up with. 
The boxcar children

I know this is going waaayy back. But I was in love with the boxcar children from book one. However by book three I dropped them--there were just too many kid detectives in the world.

Red

Pick a book with a red cover
Live and let shop-spy goddess

So I actually picked up the first book in the dollar store and fell in love with the entire series. It was just so entertaining and got me started on a teen espionage reading kick.

The Best Day

Pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic.
what child is this

I read this every couple of years. My first copy I gave away to one of my favorite teachers. My second copy has annotations in different colors--one color for every time I reread it about how my feelings about each passage change, or don't change.

I Knew You Were Trouble

Pick a bad character you couldn't help but love 
Beezus Quimby

Obviously as a middle child I started off not liking Beezus at all. But as I became a big sister I started understanding what she was all about. Same thing happened with the Babysitter's Club--I dumped Babysitter's Little Sister and started reading about the big sisters.

Innocent

Pick a book someone ruined the ending for
Hunger Point

Well this one was my fault. I watched the movie first.

Everything Has Changed

Pick a character from a book who goes through extensive character development.
Amani's River

I'm honestly probably going to keep gushing about this book for a while.

You Belong With Me

Pick your most anticipated book release.
black diamond/ditr

I don't  have a cover for Black Diamond yet, but I'm really excited to see if Hopkins will reach my Author Idols list.

Forever and Always

Pick your favorite book couple.
Miles and Alaska--Looking for Alaska

Like I'd list more than 5 books and NOT bring up a John Green book.

Shake it Off

Pick a book that you love so much, you just shake off the haters.
Paper Towns

A lot of tumblrites are dissing this movie before it even gets out. But y'all know John Green is one of my Idols and I will stand behind him forever and...er...always.

Blank Space

Pick the most over-hyped book or series that didn't work for you at all.
50 shades
Is that a cop out? I feel like it is. It was just so, so....ugh.
pride and prejudice

I don't care if it's a classic or not, Austen would not interest me with her writing if her life depended on it--hell, if my life depended on it.

Invisible

Pick the most under-hyped book or series that you think deserves the spotlight.
When I was a Soldier

I found this book in my grandparent's summer cabin and it took me several years to return it. If you think Amani's River sounds interesting but don't like the gore, pick this one up instead.

The Story Us

Pick a couple you think should end up together
harry and malfoy

I can't be alone in this...right?

Love Story

Pick a forbidden love in a book or series.
cammie and zach--gallagher girls

Rival spies, teen love....what's not to want?






No comments:

Post a Comment