Friday, August 28, 2015

Review: Things I've said to my Children

An illustrated gift book that brings to life the universal parenting experience of saying strange and hilarious things to one's kids.

As the father of five boys (all under age 10), graphic designer Nathan Ripperger has found himself saying some rather funny, absurd, and downright bizarre things to his children, from "Stop riding that penguin, we're leaving" to "I am NOT talking to you until you are wearing underwear." He created poster-like images for each and posted them online. The response from other parents was overwhelming. With Things I've Said to My Children, Ripperger has assembled around 80 of the funniest, weirdest, and most amusing sayings and paired them with full-color, designed images that bring these outrageously hysterical quotes to life. Covering the essential parenting topics like food, animals, don'ts, and of course, bodily functions, Things I've Said to My Children is a light-hearted illustrated reminder of the shared absurdity of parenthood. Especially for those parents who've ever found themselves uttering some variation of the line, "Please don't eat the goldfish crackers you've put in your butt."
 

Buy on Amazon

My Review:


I got this book to review from netgalley, so it was in electronic form. Despite being such a quick read, I loved every second I spent reading this book. Since my daughter is just over a year old, I haven't said many of these--not yet anyway--but naturally some of my favorites were ones I've said myself. My two absolute favorites have got to be "why is there peanut butter in your ear?" And "stop riding the Christmas tree like a horse. Please?"


You should definitely buy this book at the very least for the entertainment value, but also get the hardcover version as a gift for every parent you know, so the illustrations can be seen properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment