Wednesday, February 24, 2016

ebook review: Where she went

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.


My Review:
So a while back I posted about the first book in this duo, and revealed that I liked the movie better than the book. That probably should have been my first clue. I don't feel like this book added anything to Mia and Adam's story. I appreciate seeing more of Adam, sure, but it wasn't necessary. I was more interested in Mia. And having her reduced to 'this is what happened and she was a shell until she picked up her cello blah blah blah' third party description is exactly what I didn't like about the first book. There is no emotion in third party description. 
I felt bored reading this. I actually ended up not finishing it. I felt like I was wasting my time on an effort to squeeze out a few more minutes of fame that fell short. A lot of other people seemed to have liked it though, so I guess give it a shot. And if this one turns into a movie I'll give it a chance. But this one is a pass for me.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! Where She Went was kind of meh for me too. I really didn't like it, but I really did love and enjoy the first book. But this one really let me down. Thank you for your great post.

    ReplyDelete