Monday, February 8, 2016

ebook review: eve

When a shipping container washes ashore on an island between our world and the next, John the Collector finds a young woman inside--broken, frozen, and barely alive. With the aid of Healers and Scholars, John oversees her recovery and soon discovers her genetic code connects her to every known human race. She is a girl of prophecy and no one can guess what her survival will mean...

No one but Eve, Mother of the Living, who calls her daughter and invites her to witness the truth about her story--indeed, the truth about us all.


Goodreads


Amazon





My Review:

I really appreciated this novel as a work of Christian Fiction that also appeals to young adults. In my many talks with my husband about religion, I recognized a lot of themes that people tend to either not know or not talk about. One of the most important, I think, included how God loves humans so much that he ordered his angels to serve humans as they serve Him. It also touched on several themes that I personally found very relateable like the feeling of unworthiness as a sinner, and the hurt and frustration that comes from the phrase "why me?" Or "if God loves me, then why did that happen?"
I definitely recommend this book overall to religious people of all ages as well as young adults. If you're doing any kind of reading challenge that requires POC characters, pick this book up as well.
I especially recommend this book to new Believers, converted Christians, and people who are maybe thinking of converting but have doubts or concerns.
You really can't go wrong with at least giving this book a try by requesting it from the library or getting the ebook version.

I got this book from the publisher not in exchange for a review, but because I subscribed to their newsletter and they felt generous one day.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful review Kristi I am getting into reading more Christian fiction now, and I have a feeling that I am really going to like this book. It looks and sounds absolutely beautiful! I am going to try to check it out from the library and see if they have it. Thank you for your great post my friend.

    ReplyDelete