Saturday, February 20, 2016

book review: the sin eater's daughter

I am the perfect weapon.
I kill with a single touch.


Twylla is blessed. The Gods have chosen her to marry a prince, and rule the kingdom. But the favour of the Gods has it's price. A deadly poison infuses her skin. Those who anger the queen must die under Twylla's fatal touch.

Only Lief, an outspoken new guard, can see past Twylla's chilling role to the girls she truly is.

Yet in a court as dangerous and the queen's, some truths should not be told...

Goodreads


Amazon

My Review:
I actually bought this book. Not even just the ebook and not even on thriftbooks (though I looked to see if they had it). I had seen this book around so often I guess I slowly started wearing down. It had been on my wish list for a while but it was actually this review at The Broke and the Bookish that helped me make the decision to click the buy button.
This book has such a great concept and when I flipped through it to smell it my brain did a happy dance.
There really wasn't too bad of a love triangle because twylla's feelings for the prince are pretty obvious. It did get a little slow in the middle for a chapter or so, but then picked up again pretty quickly. Overall though. I feel like Twylla's love affairs took away from the story and made me like it less. 
On the other hand, there are some very believable emotions, and the author showed great prowess at world building. Con: this book is bad for bathtub reading. Seriously the smallest drop of water goes right through the page.
Am I glad I spent actual money on this? For 8 dollars, yeah. But it wouldn't necessarily make my top 5 recommendations.
4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment