Friday, November 27, 2015

ebook review: The Little red book of pr wisdom

The Little Red Book of PR Wisdom, by Walkley Award-winning journalist and public relations practitioner Brian Johnson, draws on decades of experience from both sides of the media fence. This unique and acclaimed book is set to become the essential touchstone for media professionals, students and PR novices alike. Its insight into print, electronic and social media reveals the keys to success in the ultra-competitive world of publicity. With feedback from seasoned media operators, classic case studies, real world samples, examples, Golden Rules and Top Tips, The Little Red Book of PR Wisdom is the essential guide to decoding the media - and using it effectively.

Buy on Amazon


Add to Goodreads





My Review:

I got this book from NetGalley a looong time ago. I got overzealous and am just now getting to the review now.

First I want to say how much I loved Johnson's writing style. It was interesting and made a nonfiction subject interesting too--too often I find a promising subject and find the voice dry or obnoxious. 

Second, I loved the top tips at the end of every chapter, and the comics sprinkled throughout the book. Was this book relevant to my life in any way? Not at all. But I loved reading it just the same.

Anyone who is just starting out with a business or brand should read this book if you're not paying someone who went to school for this stuff. While not quite the end-all be-all of pr/marketing books, it's definitely one to add to your shelf to supplement your learning when starting out into the pr jungle.

No comments:

Post a Comment