Thursday, January 21, 2016

Thursday Thoughts: 10 things about me

Welcome to Thursday Thoughts, a thing I'm going to aim to do weekly. Currently looking for a cohost who can handle the linky side of things and make this an official meme!

This week: Ten things about me

1. I am a mom.
I have a 1.5 year old daughter who looks just like her father. She's a Gemini, and acts like it.

2. I look nothing like the rest of my family
I look mostly like my dad, who has Bengali origins. But my dad married an Irish woman and then I married an Irish man, and those Irish genes are wicked strong. Out of three kids, I'm the only one who came out with a tan.

3. I'm recovered from an eating disorder [mostly]
I say mostly because if I step on a scale, I know it can still affect my day. And because I'm a sucker for eating disorder books, even now. Also my perfectionist standards still leak through at work sometimes.

4. I feel about 5 years older than I am
I guess that's what happens when you marry at 19 and become a mom at 21. I wouldn't trade it for the world, but saying I'm 22 makes me feel like I'm lying to myself. I should be at least 25 by now.

5. I consider myself retired from writing
I used to be really sad and scared. I wrote to get those feelings out of me. I wrote two and a half books, and my husband helped me learn how to be happy and love myself and these days I'll journal, but I don't need to write in order to breathe anymore.

6. I have the best husband in the world
I'm not even kidding, He may not have money, but he has looks, personality, is an amazing father, good in bed, and supports whatever I do. When I'm being irrational or emotional he doesn't whine. He goes out and gets me whatever I'm craving and buckles down for 'chocolate week'.

7. I really enjoy my job.
I've gone through quite a few jobs. I wouldn't say this is my dream job, but I'm happy at work and I'm good at what I do. Can't ask for too much more than that.

8. Books have saved my life
Being bipolar, I have an issue with impulsiveness. Besides giving me relateable characters, sage advice, and calm evenings, books have given me structure in my life through this blog. More structure=less likely to impulsively start hitchhiking after exactly 0 minutes of thinking about the potential consequences. 

9. I may not hate Romance novels as much as I think I do
I generally don't like romance novels. But I read Elisa Marie Hopkin's Diamond in the Rough series (which really is too interesting to be categorized as a romance) and then I read Masters of the Shadowlands. I mean...it's pure fluff and erotica. But I kind of enjoyed it. Maybe because it wasn't really even pretending to have a plot.

10. I don't do scary.
You can count me out of scary movies, horror books, or thriller tv shows. I do watch a little Scream Queens, but my husband tried to get me to watch the walking dead with him and I had nightmares. If you want me to come to movie night, Disney better be involved.


Next week: An open letter to Office supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment