Monday, January 18, 2016

ebook review: Chloe in India

*from Publisher's Weekly*

...a coming-of-age story about 11-year-old Chloe Jones, whose family moves from Boston to Delhi, where Chloe must navigate the waters of her new prep school while India is undergoes its own dramatic social changes.


Buy on Amazon





My review:

 I almost immediately fell in love with a little girl named Chloe who sat in front of a mirror trying to imagine herself with black hair. It was not her fault her parents brought her to India, and everyone has black hair except for her and the weird German girl.
Lakshmi was amazing the entire time. She was straight up my favorite character in the entire book. Dhruv wasn't exactly my favorite, but was probably the most realistic character in the entire book. He had some habits that were annoying and unlikeable but by the end of the book he adds some serious depth into the story. Anna took a while to become more than just a side character. And even then, she became little more than a plot device. Anvi was your typical mean girl, nothing changing from being in a different country. I was a little disappointed.

Overall, it was a fantastic story about friendship and breaking social barriers and bravery and I LOVED it.
points off for Anna and Anvi though. 4/5.
I got this book from NetGalley for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment