Sunday, December 13, 2015

ebook review; Immediate obedience

Listen and obey: These words transformed Rod Loy s relationship with God. He wondered what would happen if he became more sensitive to the voice of God and immediately obeyed whatever God told him to do. Through his story, Rod describes the thrill and the challenge of walking hand in hand with the King of the universe. God gives us specific assignments in the ordinary course of every day even, and especially, in the mundane and the frustrating events. When we grasp that truth, every moment will become infused with the possibility that God may do something unexpected and spectacular at any moment. Jesus delighted in doing the Father s will and showering His love on people. In the same way, when your heart is aligned with His, you ll delight in doing His will fully and immediately and seeing Him use you to touch the lives of those around you. Get ready to hear God clearly and to obey immediately."

Buy on Amazon


My Review:

I got this book for review from the publisher through NetGalley.
I really liked the voice of the author. I enjoyed the anecdotes he shared about the results of obeying god immediately. Honestly, as a low income family, I balked at his first story about giving someone 100.00 and the person going to vegas with it. I don't have that kind of money to give away, though as a pedestrian I'll often go to people on the corners and offer to buy them lunch at a nearby restaurant. I really wanted to know more about the 'how' of obeying god immediately, and how I could adjust it to my income, but the author took a long time to get to that point of the book.
I did like the questions at the end of each chapter. They help the reader to be 100% honest with themselves, and the 90-day challenge at the end helps you apply what you've written throughout the book. Overall, this book is recommended to people who want to do more with their spiritual lives and become closer to god, but may not know where to start or feel overwhelmed by how much more others are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment