Sunday, December 27, 2015

Book review; scouting for the reaper

Each of the characters in Scouting for the Reaper faces an unanticipated challenge: transporting a truckload of penguins across the country, arranging a proper Jewish burial for the remains of Gregor Samsa, selling tombstones dressed as a Girl Scout. These stories explore the domestic and professional adventures of people in over their heads, while leavening their struggles with humor.

Jacob M. Appel is the author of more than two hundred published short stories and is a past winner of the Boston Review Short Fiction Competition.



Buy on Amazon





My Review:

I got this book from a goodreads giveaway.
This quaint little book has a story for everyone. I obviously didn't love every single story in the book, because I'm not everyone. However, for the most part, I can definitely say I liked all off the stories. Appel shows off his writing skills by showing us character development, detailed settings, and multiple distinctive character voices in 20 pages or less. I'd not only recommend this book for lovers of short stories, but also writers looking for authors to study or get examples of variety from.

No comments:

Post a Comment