Saturday, March 17, 2012

Book Series Review: Hilda the Wicked Witch by Paul Kater





General, but not quite official synopsis:  Meet Hilda, the wicked witch. She's the most powerful being around, until she accidentally ends up in our world. It's not hard to prove herself all over again, but it is annoying. Even more annoying is the human she finds: William. The only person who can help her get back to her own world.

Follow along with Hilda as she deals with Snow White and her wicked stepmother, challenges the most evil and powerful wizard of all, faces her friend Zelda in a power struggle to save or destroy the human world, and meets some cats.



My Review: I loved this series, I really did. I got the first ebook for free, and ended up buying the ones I didn't have so I could continue the series. Hilda is one of those characters that everyone loves. You follow her story, watch her grow and fall in love, cry when she's hurt, and hate anyone who bugs her.

Likewise, William is the one we can actually relate to--a normal human guy who loves books. I love books--it's completely possible for me to get my hands on a pretty, ancient tome that just so happens to be the only way for a powerful witch to get home.

The characters are top notch, we see what happens with Snow White after the wedding, and the writing is brilliant.

Overall: 5/5 stars for the series as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment