Monday, February 20, 2012

I've been tagged--yay!

thanks to Jennifer at some lie it paranormal.

Rules:

1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create ten new questions to ask the people that you have tagged.
3. Tag six people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.

Your Questions
1. I like it paranormal! lol So tell me your favorite paranormal creature?
I'd have to say the siren. Unless Doctor Who counts, then it's a tie between the Time Lords and the Daleks.
2. Favorite books? I'm horrible with boundaries so feel free to list as many or few as you want!
Oh god, here we go. Favorites of all time: What Child is this by Caroline B. Cooney, and the Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
Favorite kids books: Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see? by Eric Carl, Oh, the Places you'll go by Dr. Seuss, and the Ramona series by Beverley Cleary.  

Recent favorite books: Open Minds by Susan Quinn, Remembrance by Michelle Madow, and When Copper Suns fall by Kasonndra Leigh.
3. What book did you just finish reading?
 Paper Angels by Jimmy Wayne and Travis Thrasher.

4. Favorite book boyfriends?
 How can I even pick? I'd have to say either Matt or Tack from What Child is This; Andrew Carmichael from the Transcend Time saga, and Brett from the Spy Goddess series.
5. What book was the hardest for you to review and why?
 Paper Angels. Mostly because I didn't make any notes in it as I was reading, so the Spy Goddess series falls under that category too.
6. What books have made you cry?
 Any book that has an emotional passage. Honestly, I'm a crybaby when it comes to books.
7. What are your favorite parts of blogging? 
 Meeting other bloggers and authors, learning from them, and making my blog something that's mine.
8. The best book you have read that not many other people have read or heard of?
 Once again I'll have to refer to Caroline B. Cooney for "What Child is This?" I love that book. READ IT.
9. Where do most want to travel to?
 India. Or The island of the dolls. Or that one haunted place in russia where everyone evacuated because of radiation and all that's left is the children's belongings. Yep, Russia it is.
10. Do you have any pets?
 No. I used to, but I'm really bad at taking care of small animals and we gave away our dogs when we moved. I do, however, have a stray cat the wanders into our backyard every so often.


TAGGED:
T. P. Boje
The once and future librarian
The night bookmobile
Enna @ squeaky books
not just nonsense
natalie @ mindful musings



My questions:

1. Are you a reader or a writer?
2. What's your family like?
3. If you could live anywhere (real or fiction) where would it be?
4. Top five favorite books of all time?
5. What is your opinion of parody children's books? (i.e Pat the zombie, Go the F to sleep, etc.)
6. What song best fits the part of the book you're reading right now?
7. What's your favorite animal?
8. What is your favorite genre?
9. If you could only read books from one author for the rest of your life, who would it be?
10. Finally: As a topping for soft serve ice cream: caramel or chocolate?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I don't do these on my blog, so I'll just answer here. Hope that's okay!

    1. Both!

    2. Hm... in a nutshell? Our family motto is "It doesn't have to make sense."

    3. I love escaping to other worlds, but I don't think I'd ever actually want to live there. They're all too dangerous. So I'm gonna say I'm happy where I am. Is that cheating?

    4. My top 5 list is fluid (always changing). The only two that are constant are Enna Burning and Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale. The other three... depends on the day.

    5. Um... no opinion? I've never read them, and don't have kids of my own, so I kind of ignore them.

    6. I'm currently in between books (just finished one last night) so I guess "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield ;)

    7. Penguins & butterflies

    8. Everything YA except contemporary (and I especially love dystopian and fairy tales)

    9. Shannon Hale. No hesitation.

    10. Mm. Caramel. Yum.

    Thanks for tagging!

    ReplyDelete