Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Flash Fiction: Pure dialogue

Flash Fiction: Wait. You get this by now, right? This has been going on for a while. Write fast, don't edit.

My Flash Fiction brings all the boys to the yard. And they're like, that doesn't seem hard.


"Now, that crate you guys are standing on is an island in the middle of an ocean. You need to get to the island on the other side of this ocean without touching the ground."
"What happens if we touch the ground?"
"The man eating sharks eat you. Remember: Think outside the box."
"Outside the box. Right. Well, I can fly. See? I'm halfway there already."
"Wait, no flying! The sharks just ate your eyes."
"How can imaginary sharks eat my eyes when I'm flying?"
"They just can. The rest of your body just wasn't tasty enough."
"Charming. Fine, I'll take the blue blindfold."
"Okay, now remember to watch eachother's backs. Especially those who have disabili--Hey, watch out!"
"Ahh! Stupid tree! I quit!"
"Don't quit. Just try again."
"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
"Yes. To try something the same way expecting different results."
"I don't think choosing the red blindfold will get me any closer to this island of milk and honey."
"Fine. You can have your eyes back."
"That's all I ask."

No comments:

Post a Comment