Monday, January 2, 2017

NetGalley Review: Lists to Love by for Busy Wives

It's no secret that there is a wide emotional gap between men and women. Couples crave love, but don't always know how to express it to their spouse. 
LISTS TO LOVE BY FOR BUSY WIVES presents creative, practical ways for wives to bridge that gap and improve their marriage. These thirty lists will carry wives through an entire month of learning to love their husbands more deeply--advice they will come back to again and again. Highlights include:
8 Expectations for a Great Marriage
5 Things Husbands Wish Wives Knew
10 Things Husbands Want to Hear from Their Wives
7 Things You Should Stop Doing to Your Husband in Public







My Review:

Likes:
1. Lists. Just, in General, I like lists.
2. The emphasis on Communication and watching your words

Dislikes:
1. The 'lie back and think of England' approach to sex the author seems to have.
2. Really, this really got on my nerves. I hated it.

Take these lists with a grain of salt. There was a lot I didn't agree with or didn't fit my particular beliefs or ideals. I will back up the author on the importance of asking your spouse questions, watching your words when talking to them, the importance of saying "thank you" and "I appreciate you", etc. Words are Power, but we all know that.

Overall: not a TOTAL waste of time, but still a bit disappointing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment