Friday, January 1, 2016

ebook review: The readers of broken wheel recommend

Once you let a book into your life, the most unexpected things can happen...
Broken Wheel, Iowa, has never seen anyone like Sara, who traveled all the way from Sweden just to meet her pen pal, Amy. When she arrives, however, she finds that Amy's funeral has just ended. Luckily, the townspeople are happy to look after their bewildered tourist—even if they don't understand her peculiar need for books. Marooned in a farm town that's almost beyond repair, Sara starts a bookstore in honor of her friend's memory. All she wants is to share the books she loves with the citizens of Broken Wheel and to convince them that reading is one of the great joys of life. But she makes some unconventional choices that could force a lot of secrets into the open and change things for everyone in town. Reminiscent of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, this is a warm, witty book about friendship, stories, and love.
Buy on Amazon


My Review:

I got this book for free from NetGalley.
This is a sweet, easy read for when you feel lonely or need a friend. It's a wonderful book for a road trip or long bus ride.

But for every day when I have a whole lot of action and dystopian books on my reader? I couldn't give my full attention to it.
It's a good book and I really like Sarah and her letters to Amy, but being a mood reader I wasn't that into it. The plot and writing style were on point and Sarah was decently developed, but I didn't see the same development for any other character besides Amy at 30% in.

I'll definitely pick this up the next time I'm in need of a book hug, but for now: DNF

No comments:

Post a Comment