Saturday, January 30, 2016

book review: Plant Seeds. Grow Roots. Know Happiness: Words of Wisdom from Meditations with God

Do you ever wonder what God really thinks? Do you find it difficult to feel His presence in your life? Do you long for a connection that doesn’t seem to exist?
If so, take comfort in knowing you are not alone. Recounting struggles with religion, spirituality and shame, Plant Seeds. Grow Roots. Know Happiness. is a deeply personal and moving account of the author’s journey to find and cultivate a relationship with God.
Using meditation as a gateway to finding His voice, this book reaffirms that having an intimate connection with a higher power can be surprisingly simple, and that everything we need exists right within ourselves.
Plant Seeds. Grow Roots. Know Happiness. is filled with proclamations of hope and encouragement for anyone looking for reassurance that God does indeed exist, and that we all really, truly are enough – exactly as we are.

Goodreads  | Amazon


My Review:

I really enjoyed this book. It didn't change my life, but it reminded me of the early days after my husband had converted me and I was learning to pray. I heard God's voice offering gentle nudges in the right directions. At first I didn't honestly believe it was God, but after talking with my husband and explaining "I pretty much told him what I wanted and had a clear statement as a thought about what I should do about it." He confirmed that's how prayer works sometimes. After a while, like the author, the voice came less and less often and I got worried that I wasn't praying right or often enough, but my husband assured me that's how prayer works sometimes, too. 

This is a sweet book to have in a church gift shop or to give as a gift to your favorite religious relative. As for myself, I'd probably buy the kindle version rather than taking up space in my bag. 
4.5 stars

I received this book from a goodreads giveaway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment